Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Much Snow!!!











Yes -the weather man was right.  We got dumped on!  On Tuesday, the snow started falling around 1:00.  By the time I left school at 3:00, it was falling fast and furious.  The roads were bad, visibility was terrible, and it took me 5 times as long to get home.  Thankfully the kids were in Park Ridge, so I was able to take a direct route home.  That night there was thunder snow and it was wild.  The winds were blowing hard too and the lights flickered a couple of times.  Thankfully we kept our power, as that could have made for a real interesting story.  
Wednesday morning we woke up to find a ton of snow!  A little bit more came down in the morning, but then it was over.  All of the neighbors headed outside and the clean up began.  It took Matt 5 HOURS to shovel (yes, shovel) part of our driveway and all of the walkways.  So, we didn't see too much of him yesterday, poor guy!  Maddie played outside for a little and LOVED it!  The neighbors had tunnels all over the backyard and she had so much fun playing with them.  I cut it short because it was cold and I didn't want frost bite to set in!  We warmed up with some hot chocolate, and not a surprise, she loved it.  Dane went out for a picture, but then we got him inside pretty quick.  Later that evening, I found out school was cancelled for Thursday.  Another day home with my kiddos! :)
Today is Thursday and the temps are around 0 right now.  I did take Dane to the doctor, which is only 3 min. away.  The roads were not terrible, but not great (espeically in Matt's car with rear wheel drive).  I can't remember ever seeing this much snow.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Love the videos!! Mads is the cutest!!!! Her little voice just melts my heart! I can't believe all that snow!!!