Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We Have A...

BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!
Dane Brian Welke
8 lbs. 22"

We got to the hospital at 6 am on 10/5 and he was born at noon! The entire process went so fast and it was so much easier this time around. Matt went down to eat lunch right after the epidural was put in. I ended up having to call him to tell him to get back into the room because I was ready to push! I went from a 3 to ready to go very quickly! I only had to go through quite painful contractions for like 45 min. We were told to expect a 6 lb baby (which I kinda doubted all along), so as the doctor said with a smile, there is clearly something wrong with our ultrasound machine! We were super surprised when Matt saw and I heard, "It's a boy!!" It was a most amazing feeling and the entire process was incredible. He has light hair and he is so precious. He does remind me of Maddie as a newborn at times and then at other times, he doesn't! He is really sleepy and has not cried much at all. Words can't express how blessed we feel to be a family of four!

Party in the hospital room! It was a noisy, fun birthday party for sure. We did sing to him a couple of times! One Proud Papa!!!

Will the Newton's add another boy to the family in just a few weeks?!!!
Madeline meets her brother. She had a really cute expression when she first saw him. She kissed him and tried to beep his nose. Then she became a little tornado and was running all over the place!!! Our first family photo...someone was ready to run!

Just after our son was born!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love every single picture and I keep looking at them! Grandma L thought the pic with Laura was you and she couldn't believe you were up and about that same day:)